The Doctor Is In! (May 13, 2011)

The Loosen 2009 single-vineyards are available at WineRoute. Good a reason as any to drink a good Kabinett and start checking them out.

Dr. Loosen, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Wehlener Sonnenhur, Riesling Kabinett, 2009

2009. Another very good vintage in germany - but it seems all recent vintages have been offering some level of excellence or another, either across the board or for specific regions and styles.

I don't particularly take notice of color, but this is so light, it almost looks like tap water. The nose is vaguely grapey, which carries into the palate, adding a special, if kinky, touch; I mean, I like nubile Rieslings, but this makes it feel like I'm sucking the wine straight out of its mother's teats. Other than that, I get red apples, green apples, apple skin and a hint of minerals, while the racy acidity carries the lean, lithe body off to a lightly spicy, surprisingly long finish.

About 130 NIS before discount.

Comments