Another Prelude To Chaos (Oct. 16, 2012)


Francois Jobard, Meursault Premier Cru, Genevrieres, 2005

An amazing nose. Smoky minerals, sulfur, citrus, a touch of white meat. A very good structure, with a sweet, peacock tail finish. Although the vintage makes for a rich wine, the acidity plays for a multi-layered effect without being too heavy. So, I finally get to drink prime time Jobard that isn't too young or dead.

Beaunneau du Martray, Corton-Charlemagne, 1999

TCA here, but the Martray gives a great fight to the Cork Devil, being honeyed and nutty, its richness somehow managing to sweep the TCA under the carpet. Just enough to give a preview of what might have been.

Aldo Conterno, Barolo, Colonnelo, 1996

Languid red fruit with bright acidity and an overlay of pepper and a saline finish. A happy wine with mellow tannins. The only thing that says Barolo to me is the tannic bite on the finish and layer of spices on the nose.

Chateau Trotanoy, Pomerol, 1996

Ripe fruit, although not overtly ripe, leather, pepper, with a touch of earth and mushrooms. Lithe and long, with rustic yet somewhat sleek tannins.

I didn't drive, so I took in more than my share of mouthfuls. To the point where I was almost sleepwalking my dogs when I got back home. Then, after three hours of sleep, I was rudely awaken by a crisis at work, that kept me at the office for fourteen hours. That's moi, the Highway Patrolman of Hi-Tech and Wine.

Comments